End Water Poverty is a global civil society coalition campaigning to end the water and sanitation crisis.
14 Days Until Water Action Month: Why should you get involved, and how can you best prepare?
Water: one of our planet’s most finite resources, the most vital element for survival of life on Earth, and undeniably at the core of global development towards a healthier and more sustainable planet. Fortunately for the world, End Water Poverty members are hard at work towards achieving our common goal of ending the water and sanitation crisis for all. As members our 250-organisation-strong global civil society coalition, your time and dedication culminates each year in Water Action Month (WAM), with the 2017 WAM only 14 days away. This March, you will have the opportunity to have your voices heard louder than ever!
Last year, End Water Poverty brought together dozens of organisations during Water Action Month to rally behind a common goal of holding governments accountable to providing safe drinking water and sanitation for all. Join us this year as we aim to create a wave for a better future for all! Read more about the history of Water Action Month. Here are two important reasons to get involved:
1. Information is key to measuring progress on Sustainable Development Goal 6 to "ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all." With officially 14 years left to achieve the United Nations' SDGs adopted in 2015, every second counts! Your involvement in Water Action Month will help determine where the world stands on achieving SDG #6. Click here to read more about the Human Right to Water and Sanitation.
2. Learning from others is a great way to increase your impact! Communication, sharing best practises, and learning from others’ mistakes are just a few of the goals that EWP works towards through its global network of members. In an ever-divided world, it is more important than ever before for individuals and organisation to unite behind common goals. Water Action Month is your annual opportunity to engage with other organisations working on ending water poverty. Great things happen when we work together! View EWP's members.
Water Action Month 2016: Campaigning by the Development Organisation of the Rural Poor in Bangladesh
In order to maximise the impact of this year's Water Action Month for your organisation, here's how you can best prepare:
- Download End Water Poverty's Water Action Month Activities Toolbox, which includes tips for activities such as writing letters to government, creating partnerships, involving the private sector, holding workshops, and much more!
- Download and share promotional materials. We have developed three different visual concepts to highlight this year's theme of 'Now is the time!' Download these images, and have them ready for the start of Water Action Month!
- Share your Water Action Month events on End Water Poverty's shared calendar. Don't have any events planned yet? No problem! Get in touch for support in coming up with ideas, or take a look at the 2016 calendar archive for inspiration!
- Schedule a meeting! Get your team together this week or next week to discuss how your organisation will participate in this year's Water Action Month. Want to include us? Please email email@example.com if you would like us to join your meeting via Skype or phone!
Water Action Month 2016: Water Workshop organised by Freshwater Action Network South Asia, Nepal
Stay tuned for a detailed schedule of End Water Poverty's Water Action Month activities,
which will include webinars, video blog series, and a photo contest!